DID YOU KNOW? Choose a topic below to learn more.
ABOUT BROKEN CAPILLARIES | ABOUT STRETCHING
ABOUT THE SUN | ABOUT EXFOLIATION | ABOUT MASSAGE THERAPY
Have a question you'd like answered? Just ask!
DID YOU KNOW... BROKEN CAPILLARIES
What are broken capillaries? They are tiny dilated blood vessels that are visible through the skin. They become more common as we age and our skin loses its elasticity. Once broken capillaries form they will not disappear on their own. But they can be permanently removed by Vasculyse.
Vasculyse uses a mild current to coagulate the distended capillary. The body then absorbs the unused capillary. Treated capillaries will not return, and this safe, non-invasive procedure is virtually painless. Vasculyse also treats and removes skin tags and ruby points.
Causes of Broken Capillaries...
Back to top
- Heredity: Weakness of blood vessel walls.
- External Skin Aggressions: Sun exposure, saunas, excessive heat, injuries, harsh retinol-A, aging (loss of tissue), or surgery.
- Hormonal Causes: Menopause or pregnancy.
- Health: High blood pressure, lupus, rosacea, or alcoholism dilates blood vessels.
- Medications: Oral contraceptives.
- Climate: Drastic changes in temp, going from cold to hot or extreme heat.
- Other: Hot and spicy foods.
DID YOU KNOW... ABOUT STRETCHING
Specific stretching movements help to relieve symptoms of stress. Stress touches all of our lives. Gentle stretching movements can invigorate the circulatory, respiratory, and neuromuscular systems which help alleviate stress. Proper stretching and flexibility have also played a very important role in enhancing performance, rehabilitation and wellness.
The benefits of stretching...
Back to top
- Preparation for athletic activity. Stretching enhances athletic performance in conditioning. Warm-up stretches increase blood to muscles, increase body temperature, and reduce muscle tension requiring less energy expenditure and allowing for increased stamina and performance.
- Optimize muscle and tendon range of motion up to 1.6 times the resting length.
- Facilitate the removal of metabolic waste products. Improved oxygenation eliminates carbon dioxide formation, whereas, improved circulation eliminates lactic acid build up.
- Reduce risk of muscle, tendon, ligament and joint injuries.
- Reduced postural tightness due to aging. Kyphosis, scoliosis, and flexor contractures are created by tightness of the muscle structures supporting the spine as we stand in a forward biped stance.
- Rehabilitate muscle, tendon and ligament injuries.
- Facilitate the flow of lymphatic fluid. Stretching stimulates the flow of lymphatic fluid that allows the body to channel waste and toxic products out of the body.
- Stress reduction.
ABOUT THE SUN... DID YOU KNOW?
The Sun's harmful ultraviolet (UV) radiation can penetrate many types of clothing.
Misuse of sunscreens can actually promote skin cancer.
It takes 20 minutes after application for some sunscreens to even begin protecting you.
Many sunscreens can become ineffective after swimming or sweating.
Melanoma is the deadliest form of skin cancer.
Sunlight accounts for 80 percent of what we call aging.
The harmful effects of the suns UVA and UVB rays can cause
Sun exposure causes at least two-thirds of all melanomas, which means for most people the disease is preventable, yet this year alone an estimated 50,000 Americans will be diagnosed with invasive melanoma.
- Dehydration and dryness
- Vascular Problems
- Pigmentation spots
- Accelerated aging (wrinkles and fine lines)
- Skin sensitivity
- Skin irritation
- Skin cancer
For more information about protecting yourself from the sun's harmful effects contact a skin care professional at The Spa at Bellport.
Back to top
ABOUT EXFOLIATION... DID YOU KNOW?
For more information about exfoliants contact a skin care professional at
The Spa at Bellport.
- Exfoliation removes dead cells accumulated on the skin's surface allowing the skin to breathe and making it more receptive to the active ingredients in skin care products.
- Regular exfoliation is an essential step in any proper skin care regimen for a healthy and radiant skin.
- Exfoliation smoothes away roughness and refines skin texture leaving the skin soft. It brightens complexion for a more radiant look.
Back to top
ABOUT MASSAGE THERAPY... DID YOU KNOW?
In the United States, massage therapy is a holistic, drug-free healing art.
Massage is a manual therapeutic procedure that uses touch to treat the muscular structures of the body.
Massage is used to relieve stress, increase blood flow to the musculature, soothe aches and pains, stretch and relax tense muscles, and increase the general well being of the body.
Massage improves range of motion, loosens ligaments, relieves muscle spasms, reduces heart rate and blood pressure, boosts the immune system, assists in the elimination of waste products and toxins in the muscles, and speeds recovery of fatigued muscle.
The basic goal of massage therapy is to help the body heal itself and to increase health and well-being.
For more information about massage therapy and its benefits contact a licensed professional Massage therapist at The Spa at Bellport.
Back to top